Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello from your new Superintendent


Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Elliott Dowling and I have been named the new Superintendent of your golf club. I am extremely excited to work at Cress Creek! My official start date will be February 14th. Although I have not yet officially started, I have already begun planning on how to make 2011 a great golf season at Cress Creek!

I am coming to Cress Creek from Ivanhoe Club, where I served as the Superintendent for 3 years. I have also been a 2nd Assistant at Oakland Hills Country Club outside of Detroit. I earned a bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University with an emphasis in turf management. I am continuing my formal education in turf management through an online program with Penn State University.

Personally, I will be getting married this fall to my fiancée, Jen. She is a counselor at Hampshire High School. My favorite sport to play is ice hockey; I have played this all my life. Despite living in the Chicago area, I have to admit I am a lifelong Red Wings fan. Of course, I love to play golf as much as I can too. 2011 looks to be a great year for me both personally and professionally!

My goal is to make sure you have the best possible golfing conditions while at Cress Creek! I cannot wait for the cold weather to move out and the golfing season to begin. I look forward to getting to know you, the members of Cress Creek. I am always accessible by email at elliott.dowling@cresscreekcc.com. My office number is 630-355-5736. Please feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to seeing you on the course!

-Elliott